Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Magic of Thinking Big

by Eva Angelina
Everything begins with a thought. I am a big believer in thinking BIG. Why NOT? I have a burning desire to accomplish big things in my life. As such, I teach and coach my students and clients to do the same. I teach them to think BIG. There have been many times in my life that I have seen or heard of stories of men and women doing the unthinkable. Rising up to the challenge and doing things that were thought of as “impossible”. They reached high levels of success and great wealth despite of their challenges. This has always inspired me. I hope it also inspires you.
A few years ago , when taking a business course in college, I read a book titled, The Magic of Thinking Big, by David Schwartz. This book inspired me a great deal. I still review many portions of it today. It is very uplifting. It teaches you to set high goals and then exceed them. It also helps you discover the secrets of how the mind works and how it can best work for you. It goes over how you can reach success by the power of the mind and your thoughts.
I want to share one of the many ideas shared in this book. As I share with many of the clients I coach, in order to think big you need to develop BELIEF. You must have belief in yourself and belief in your goals and dreams. Belief is imperative for success. One of my favorite quotes by Henry Ford says it best, “If you think you can do a thing or think you can’t do a thing, you’re right.”
Here are some things that Schwartz shares in regards to developing powerful beliefs:
Think of success, not failure
Your thoughts are very powerful. So make sure you are thinking success all the time. At work, at home, make sure you substitute success thinking for any failure thinking you might have. Know that you will win, not lose. Have a WIN, WIN MENTALLY in all that you do. Let this dominate your thoughts. It takes practice, but when done long enough it will become second nature and come naturally. Remember that thoughts become things. So keep you mind thinking positive things. Think success conditions and your mind will create plans to produce success. If you think of failing you will produce that result. Always think success.
Remind yourself daily that you are better than you think you are
Successful people are not know it alls or super people with foreign capabilities. They are not supermen or have a super intellect. Also, keep in mind that success is not based on luck or on something mystical or far from reach. Successful people are just ordinary people who have learned and developed belief in themselves and in what they do. They have a burning desire to follow their goals and dreams and believe they can make them happen. There will be times you may be discouraged, but also remind yourself you are better than you think you are. Never sell yourself short.
Believe BIG
Your success will be determined by how big you think. The size of your success is determined by the size of your belief. If you think little goals and expect little achievements, then that is exactly what you will get. Think big goals and achieve big success. Set high goals for yourself and change them accordingly if needed. Set the bar high.
Lastly, I want to encourage you never to settle for less than what you deserve. NEVER Settle for anything in life. Think Big and make it happen. All is in your hands. TAKE CONTROL. Stop making excuses. Schwartz calls this excusitis, a mind-deading thought disease. Many people suffer from this disease, way too many in my opinion. These people have no plans in their life and find a book of reasons of why they cannot be successful.
Why settle for a bad relationship? A job you hate or dislike? Financial struggle? You do not have to settle in life. Think Big!
Wishing you much success on your journey,
Eva Angelina
Contact me if you would are ready to make a change and want personal or business coaching.
Video Blog :

No comments:

Post a Comment